Aims and Objectives
The main aims and objectives of NEIAH, Shillong • To declare an institution of international standard and a center of excellence in education and research for under graduation, post graduation, post doctorate for aspiring candidates of India and abroad to undergo education and research in Ayurveda and Homoeopathy.
• To provide specialty medical care to the people of the North Eastern States through Ayurveda and Homoeopathy.
• To declare the NEIAH, Shillong as a Referral center for the Ayurveda & Homoeopathy patients for the entire North East and to cater to the health care needs of the region through the attached hospital.
• To provide trained manpower in Ayurveda and Homeopathy in the region and capacity building and skill development of Ayurveda and Homeopathy practitioners.
• To impart reorientation training and continuing medical education to Ayurveda and Homoeopathic physicians and teachers in the region.
• To establish and manage the institute as a Centre of Excellence in pharmacognosy and pharmacological research related to the field of Ayurveda and Homeopathy.
• To undertake research on the treatment of diseases prevalent in North Eastern Region using the Ayurveda and Homoeopathy systems of medicine.
• To do collaborative and exchange programmes with other institutes of the country and aboard for development of Homeopathic and Ayurvedic systems of medicine.
• To undertake collaborative research with modern medicine on important diseases.
• To generate public awareness about the potential of Ayurveda and Homeopathy systems of medicine for enhancing health security of rural communities including disease prevention and health promotion.
• To utilize the medicinal plants in the region and to encourage their sustainable commercial exploitation.
• To provide impetus for the documentation and conservation of the bio-diversity of the region.
• To propagate Ayurveda and Homoeopathy towards improvement of health care and mainstreaming of AYUSH systems in the region.